Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"To Facebook or Not to Facebook"

My initial impression of Facebook was that it was a place were you could gather different information from other people and get to know more people in your community. At first when Facebook came out I didn't care for it to much. I didn't get a Facebook until my sophomore year of high school because it didn't matter to me. My mother actually told me I need to get one so that I could be updated on different events and meeting for clubs or events I may attend. Our discussion of Facebook in class brought a new perspective to myself. I now know that  Facebook sells my information I update onto Facebook to advertising companies and there specific advertisements show up on just my page when I am logged on, not everyone gets the same advertisements on their Facebook's because everyone posts different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment